Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Selfless Sobs

I have this thing about smiles
Okay
Not a real thing thing, just a thing
‘Cause… well, there’s the thing
The Way of the World
How it was imparted to me
By those that I have assigned worthy of dictating
My petty actions
Is
To do what you can for those that are of ill-fortune
Help to make prosperous the impoverish
Aid those that are aid-deprived
And while that’s all well and good…
What should I do with the rest of my time
When the world only seems to smile?
Make well myself?
But myself is no-self to make well—
I mean I’m perfectly fine
I am content with what is my and mine
So I ask again, what should I do with my time
When the world only seems to smile?
What?
Make ill?
Make woe?
Well that would make the smiles cease
And relieve us from this banal peace
But cruelty undeserved? How deprived
I mean… I mean I know men aren’t angels
But does that mean they deserve the devil?
And by my hands?
Well, which hands but mine have yet to cast a stone?
But… no, no, to cause ill to save from ill that I’ll make
Such a… such a plague to the world
To decay perchance to preserve
The Altruist’s Sanity
Is Insanity


But I’m so bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment